FM-250 POWDERED FILLER
FM-250 is a powdered blend of fumed silica and glass bubbles. When mixed with JP-70LV consolidating epoxy a paste is created that is toolable. Depending on the amount of epoxy the is mixed with the FM-250, you are able to control the consistency of the resulting mix. (White powder. 30 grams/zip bag)
Mixing directions for FM-250 EPOXY PASTE
JP-70LV Low Viscosity Consolidating Epoxy may be added to FM-250 filler material to produce a paste that can be used in cosmetic wood repair applications. To achieve a paste epoxy material of desired consistency, follow these steps.
1. Prepare one measured and mixed unit of JP-70LV epoxy. 3.0 oz of component A plus 1.5 oz of component B Mix thoroughly in a separate container, either by putting a cap onto the container and shaking, or by stirring.
2. Pour about ¾ of this pre-mixed epoxy into the zip lock bag containing the filler material. (The bag contains 34 grams of powdered filler material.)
3. Carefully remove the air from the bag and seal tightly.
4. Mix epoxy into the powder material using a kneading action until it is THOROUGHLY MIXED and of an even consistency throughout. Be patient and keep working the mix.
5. If the material is too dry* after mixing, add small a amount of remaining epoxy liquid and MIX THOROUGHLY again. Continue this process until you reach the needed consistency.
*In regards to sanding and toolability: the dryer the mix (less epoxy) the more the cured material will work like wood. The wetter the mix (more epoxy) the more it works like a plastic.
Copyright © 1997-2010 PRG, Inc. All Rights Reserved.